- 4 cups shucked fresh fava beans
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound Manchego cheese, shaved thinly (or Asiago or Romano)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flatleaf parsley
Fill a bowl with ice and water. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fava beans and cook until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Drain and shock in ice water. Drain again and remove outer skins.
Place the beans in a medium serving bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic and olive oil and whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mixture over the beans and mix well. Add the cheese, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
*I feel a bit of chopped red onion might also go well with this