- 1 navel orange
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 bunches watercress (about 5 ounces each), thick ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese, cut into 8 wedges
- Using a sharp knife, cut off top and bottom of orange and slice away peel. Working over a medium bowl, cut out orange segments. Squeeze 2 teaspoons juice from membranes into a large bowl. Whisk in vinegar and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add watercress, orange segments, and almonds and toss to combine. Serve with cheese.
1 Medium Yellow Onion
1 tsp. Sesame Oil
1 Clove Garlic
1 Cup Chopped Celery
6 Cups Water
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbs. miso
1 bunch of dandelion greens or watercress
1. Chop onion and mince garlic Heat sesame oil in soup pot, add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Then immediately add onion. Saute garlic and onion over medium heat, until brown
2. Add celery, continue to saute for 2-3 minutes
3. Add water and salt, then bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Pour soup into blender with miso, puree then return to soup pot.
4. Slice greens and drop into soup pot. Bring to boil, then serve.